Recommended Dosing Regimen for ALUNBRIG® (brigatinib)
Once-Daily Dosing Regimen
Can be taken with or without food
- Avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice during treatment with ALUNBRIG®. Grapefruit may increase the amount of ALUNBRIG in your blood
- Store ALUNBRIG at room temperature of 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C). Do not store above 86°F (30°C)
- ALUNBRIG is a once-daily oral medication
- The recommended dosing regimen for ALUNBRIG is:
- 90 mg orally once daily for the first 7 days;
- After the first 7 days, if tolerated, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to 180 mg orally once daily
- Always follow your healthcare provider’s dosing instructions and contact your healthcare provider with any questions
Before you take ALUNBRIG, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- have lung or breathing problems,
- have high blood pressure,
- have a slow heartbeat,
- have any vision problems,
- have or have had pancreatitis,
- have diabetes mellitus or glucose intolerance,
- have liver problems,
- have kidney problems or are on dialysis,
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. ALUNBRIG can harm your unborn baby. Your healthcare provider will determine whether or not you are pregnant before you start treatment with ALUNBRIG. Tell your healthcare provider right away if you become pregnant during treatment with ALUNBRIG or think you may be pregnant,
- Females who are able to become pregnant should use effective non-hormonal birth control during treatment with ALUNBRIG and for at least 4 months after the final dose of ALUNBRIG. Birth control pills (oral contraceptives) and other hormonal forms of birth control may not be effective if used during treatment with ALUNBRIG. Talk to your healthcare provider about birth control choices that are right for you during treatment with ALUNBRIG.
- Males who have female partners that are able to become pregnant should use effective birth control during treatment with ALUNBRIG and for at least 3 months after the final dose of ALUNBRIG.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if ALUNBRIG passes into your breast milk. Do not breastfeed during treatment with ALUNBRIG and for 1 week after the final dose of ALUNBRIG.
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription medicines, over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements. Some of your other medicines may affect the way ALUNBRIG works. Certain medications may increase your risk of side effects such as slow heart rate (bradycardia) when taken with ALUNBRIG.
How to Take ALUNBRIG
- Take ALUNBRIG exactly as your healthcare provider tells you to take it. Do not change your dose or stop taking ALUNBRIG unless your healthcare provider tells you to
- Your healthcare provider will start you on a low dose (90 mg) of ALUNBRIG for the first 7 days of treatment. If you tolerate this dose of ALUNBRIG well, your healthcare provider may increase your dose after the first 7 days of treatment
- Your healthcare provider may change your dose, temporarily stop, or permanently stop treatment with ALUNBRIG if you develop side effects
- Take ALUNBRIG 1 time each day
- Take ALUNBRIG with or without food
- Swallow ALUNBRIG tablets whole. Do not crush or chew tablets.
- If you miss a dose of ALUNBRIG, do not take the missed dose. Take your next dose at your regular time
- If you vomit after taking a dose of ALUNBRIG, do not take an extra dose. Take your next dose at your regular time
Take steps to help you manage your medication and/or appointments
Speak with your healthcare provider about any side effects you may experience.
Take notes on how you are feeling and share them with your healthcare provider.
You may report side effects to the FDA at (800) FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
You may also report side effects directly to Takeda Oncology at
1-844-T1POINT (1-844-817-6468) or